Thursday, December 26, 2013

Just Plain Tired

Just Plain Tired


Okay, today may not be the usual spin on my disease. I try my best to be as light and as nonchalant as possible. But, sometimes, I just can’t. Sometimes, I’m just plain tired. Tired? Yep, that sums it up.

I went to work, today, after a pretty crappy week. Now, it is 6:50pm, and I’ve taken my medicines, sitting in bed, eating my crunchy peanut butter and honey sandwich waiting to go to sleep. What an existence. Sounds great to some, and it would be, if this was what I wanted. But, it’s not. I would love to be up and about, still doing my P90X, maybe even working in the garage since it’s not too cold out. But, when you’re forced to do this by your own body, it isn’t any fun.

You know what’s weird? It’s the type of tired. It’s not a “well, I’m a bit sleepy,” or “if I just rest a minute, I’ll be good.” No. It’s an “I’ve been going full-bore exercising to muscle failure” kind of tired, and nothing makes it better. The shaking gets worse when I get this fatigued. This blog has been kind of a chore, as my fingers aren’t wanting to cooperate. It’s amazing how out of breath just trying to take a shower will get you.
I try not to get frustrated, but I always have the thought in my head, “I get to do it all over again, tomorrow.”

Whee.

But, it could be worse…I could wake up in the morning not able to do what I did, today. I am able to maintain my current level of activity. This is not the case for many people, and I should be (and am) thankful for that. I could be in a situation where I was unable to rest when I needed to, but God has provided me a life where I’m able to do what I need to in order to cope with this disease. How can I be bitter when there are so many so far worse off than I am?

I wanted to let everyone know how much I appreciate you following my blog posts. It is, and always has been, my intention to help those that deal with chronic illness, or who are just looking for ways to help their loved ones cope. It is my hope that some of the information and insights that I’m allowed to bring to light may be a help to someone.


Thank you, again! And, may the blessings of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ be forever with you and all those you hold dear.

1 comment:

  1. I sat around for 2 days this week celebrating Christmas - I felt terrible - coud not figure out why. Yesterday went back to work and normal routine. Much better - You are correct the Lord gives us the strength to live our lives according to a routine which includes as much movement as possible.

    ReplyDelete