Monday, December 9, 2013

No Spell Check

Sorry I haven’t posted in a while. Things have been busy, and I don’t like to post if I don’t have anything to say. I have decided to write the majority of this post without using my spellcheck or backspace button. Why? I think it would be a good indicator to some as to what has happened to my coordination with this CIDP. Obviously, we all make errors without an illness, but mine are quite numerous, and sometimes funny! This is going to be tough for me, as my OCD is going to kick in, and I’ll probably end up with a nervous tick by the end…but, here goes:

I do for my ltewt infusion today. I have’t had onn for a week and a half, and I’m starting to feel really tired. The doctor, last week told me he want to up the regquntcy to evey week os that he can stay adhead of the disease. This mediicing is very hard on the ol’ veins, so I also have an apopointmey with the surgeon, tomorrow to see about getting a subclavian port placed . This is supposted to make it a little easier to reciefve the medications and safv me from being studck every week. It’s a minor surgical procedure and should oly take about 20-30 minutes. The biggest risk in infrction, which if the nurses access the port properly that shouyd’t be an issue.s  So, wish me luck!

Okay, that’s enough. Was that as painful to read as it was to actually type? I mean, I make mistakes without being sick, but that’s ridiculous! LOL!

Yesterday, I made some fried rice for the family (couldn’t stand for very long, so I pulled up a stool to the stove!). What was I thinking? Me and a bunch of loose grain together at meal time? There was so much rice flyin’ it looked like someone just got married. Going to have to make better eating choices. Not just for my diet (which DEFINITELY has to improve), but for my ability to eat! If I can’t stab it, maybe I shouldn’t eat it…there’s a thought. I’m going to have to start carrying a bib. My wardrobe looks like over-sized toddler clothes with all the stains on them.

Well, I hope everyone stayed safe and warm, this weekend. It’s about time to get back to the grind. After a great weekend with the family and too much football, yesterday, it’s time to head back to work. But, I am blessed in that aspect. I LOVE my job. I LOVE my students, staff and coworkers. I can NOT think of a better place to be, right now. No place is perfect, but I am where God wants me to be at this point in my life.


Here’s to hoping all of you have a safe and beautiful Christmas season. May the blessings of Christ our Lord be upon each and every one of you, and may He keep you safe and healthy in the year to come. 

2 comments:

  1. I got a chuckle tying to read some of your post w/o spell chk. You know its funny, after I get my treatments, I get really fatgied. Seems that I have more energy before a treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to this. I make my living as a writer. I've made more typos in the past year (diagnosed with CIDP in May) than in the previous 25 professional years put together. :-\

    ReplyDelete